Summary: Over thirteen years of experience and increasing responsibility involving project management, HVAC design engineering, training and coordination, application engineering for GIS software, maintenance/repair/operational testing of tactical data link RF communication equipment, and IT lan/wan administration.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Construction Management
- Risk Management
- Engineering Management
- Facilities Operation/Management
- Asset Management
- Change Management
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic Technology Management
- Operational Research via Linear and Non Linear programming methods
- Technical Writing
Project Management Professional Certification, Nityo Infotech, Fall 2015
Agile Certified Practitioner Certification, Nityo Infotech, Fall 2015
M.S. Engineering and Technology Management, Portland State University, 3.63 GPA, 2014
Graduate Certificate in Strategic Technology Management, Portland State University, 3.8 GPA, 2014
M.A. Management and Leadership, Webster University, 3.77 GPA, Graduated Magna Cum Laude, 2011
B.S. Business Administration, The Citadel, 2002
Nike Inc.- Beaverton, OR. July 2014 – Present
(Contract) Senior Project Manager
- Responsible for all project objectives operating within financial and resource constraints; management of project dependencies within the program.
- Responsible for proper project management staffing for assigned projects within the program; developing project objectives and project scope. Escalation point for project issues that impact the projects’ cost, schedule and / or performance.
- Responsible for two projects, “Code and Configuration Management” and “Environment Capability and Flexibility”, under the Release Flexibility program. The Release Flexibility program enables Nike, Inc. the ability to deploy code into production any time versus the current two scheduled semi-annual software releases. The “Code and Configuration Management” project transforms now Nike, Inc. manages software environment alignments. The project improves current tools and processes to enhance the speed, flexibility, and quality of software environment change. The “Environment Capability and Flexibility” project enhances the software environment builds process, increases environment provisioning speed, and creates an infrastructure with multiple pre-production environments.
Sigma Operational Services- Camas, WA. October 2010 – Present
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the company
- Program, Project, and Change Management responsibility
- Vendor, Contract, and Financial Management responsibility
- Responsible for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) research and development activities for Department of Defense programs.
Morpho Detection- Camas, WA. June 2013 – March 2014
(Contract) Project Manager (Western Region)
- Managed all aspects of each assigned project to support the deployment, relocation, maintenance, or removal of MDI explosive detection equipment from initial project concept through the end of the billing cycle. To include management of day-to-day aspects of each project; minimizing exposure and risk to MDI; ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring receivables.
- Responsible for the project schedule development of two national SW/HW deployment programs effecting over 80 airports and 400 pieces of equipment requiring upgrades.
- Interfaced with the Transportation Security Administration (at the Contracting Officer Technical Representative and local level), subcontractors, third-party vendors, and internal staff to ensure explosive detection fleet operations, new installation, decommissioning, and service did not hinder live airport operations.
Trane Oregon- Tigard, OR. June 2011 – March 2012
(Contract) Building Automation Systems (BAS) Project Manager
- Responsible for timely and profitable completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction.
- Planned and analyzed BAS projects, established schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Communicated with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff to ensure project objectives were completed.
- Established an operations budget for assigned building automation system projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Created and revised to BAS project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies, and milestones.
- Completed all assigned BAS projects within schedule time frames to include cost savings of engineering labor from the critical review of associated technical documentation.
Department of The Army – Ft. Sill, OK. May 2010 – February 2011
(Contract) Network Enterprise Command FORSCOM Spectrum Manager
- Responsible for performing planning, direction, and administration of the Fort Sill frequency management program.
- Prepared IT/Telecommunications infrastructure, plans, schedules, and established mid and long-range objectives.
- Reviewed, prepare directives and instructions, prepare and give verbal or written assistance.
- Served as a technical writer for the organization, drafting various Standard Operating Procedures and technical documents for entire organization.
- Read, interpreted, and ensured compliance with regulations, publications, instructions, notices, local directives, and changes as appropriate.
- Maintained liaison with chain of command officials, support activities and other outside federal, state, local and municipal government activities, as necessary for fulfillment of organizational responsibility while serving on the Fort Sill Development Commission. The Fort Sill Development Commission is comprised of representatives from all functional areas on the base to strategically plan activities for the installation.
- Responsible for the creation, certification, publication, and dissemination of Standard Operating Procedure manuals that are the standard utilized currently within the organization for physical security and organization safety.
- Assumed additional duties of Physical Security Officer, Safety Officer, Key Control Custodian, and Action Officer.
- Responsible for intrusion detection system maintenance, monitoring, and upgrades, physical security strategy as it applied to the campus environment, compliance with DOD Physical Security standards for High Value/Critical Infrastructure facilities while functioning as the organizations Physical Security Officer.
- Completed of the DOD Anti-Terrorism Level 1 Awareness Training (06/28/2010), the DOD Physical Security Planning Course (06/30/2010), and the DOD Installation Physical Security Course (06/30/2010).
Siemens Industry – Anchorage, AK. April 2008 – May 2010
Engineering Specialist I
- Provided expert knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle: duties include: estimating, designing, project management, tracking, start up and commissioning HVAC, Fire, Security, Lighting, and Energy jobs of large revenue.
- Designed building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, Direct Digital Control (DDC) panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Designed building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, the third party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
- Created automation system database and job related programming in AGILE development environment for computer-based building control systems.
Sigma Construction Services – Camas, WA. July 2007 – July 2009
- Directed short-term and long-term planning and development to support strategic business goals as related to construction and telecommunications projects.
- Performed subcontract negotiations to include scheduling and coordination.
- Reviewed and processed construction related invoices and billings.
Transportation Security Administration – Portland, OR. November 2006 – April 2007
(Contract) Project/Training Coordinator
- Responsible for the coordination of testing activates for RECERT 07, a national recertification that consisted of a three part exam; (SOP, IED Identification, and practical Hands-On).
- Duties included the production of various metrics related to performance and attendance, conducting employee surveys related to the testing environment, and preparing after action reviews of the testing process for the 500+ screening workforce at Portland International Airport. Project completed 2 weeks ahead of schedule saving an estimated 500k in allocated resources.
Corridor Technologies – Camas, WA. September 2005 – October 2006
Applications/Sales Engineer I
- Responsible for the global expansion of customer base to increase sales.
- Aided in the developmental progression (SDLC) of the Fiberbase GIS software package to include BETA testing and Implementation in SCRUM development environment.
- Extensive utilization of GIS industry standard product MAPINFO to give product demonstrations, as its maps provided the GIS component of our Fiberbase product.
- Resolved customer issues and consolidated new customer requirements during Pre-Release, Beta Testing, and Post Release.
- Developed methodologies for QA processes for a geospatial network documentation/asset management software system.
- Provided super user level demonstrations to C+ level customers
- Managed customer accounts to include the building of databases, maintenance renewals, service extensions, and overall product life cycle issues
Department of The Army – Ft. Riley, KS. October 2002 – August 2005
24th Infantry Division
Microwave and Information Systems Master Technician
- Provided super user level maintenance on Command, Control, Communication, Computer and Intelligence systems (C4IS) equipment to include: hardware testing to the component level, link calculation and troubleshooting, and signal propagation and trouble shooting at the Regional General Dynamics C4IS at Ft. Bragg
- Established, maintained, and troubleshot communication links to include legacy Tactical Data Links and those that employed Link 11/16 format
- Utilized signal generators, spectrum analyzers, volt meters, and various specialty telecommunication testing related equipment to ensure communication equipment functionality.
- Supervised technicians in performing systems setup, daily backups, connectivity, hardware/software troubleshooting.
- Performed and managed Secure and Non-secure data network installation/configuration/support for an average of 80 internal users.
ACTIVITIES & AWARDS
- 2013 Semi-finalist: Presidential Management Fellow
- Omega Rho International Honor Society for Operations Research and Management member
- Most Outstanding Freshman Physics Major Award 1998
- PICMET member
- PMI Member
- Contributing chapter author: Technology Roadmap for Automotive Flexible Display in Planning and Roadmapping Technological Innovations: Cases and Tools.
- Contributing chapter author: Design Structure Matrix in Planning and Roadmapping Technological Innovations: Cases and Tools.